The Educational Trust welcomes individuals, institutions and companies who are interested in supporting its charitable objects. By becoming a member you contribute to our work through your subscription and can take advantage of the many benefits of membership we have on offer.
The Benefits of Membership
- Nigeria Digest – an exclusive quarterly overview of current affairs in Nigeria.
- Newsletter – with member’s news, BNET events and progress reports on current educational projects.
- ‘What’s On’ – a fortnightly guide to all events in the UK focussing on Africa.
- Regional Events – enjoy social functions in London, Edinburgh or Brighton that provide opportunities to preserve old acquaintances, make new friends and meet fellow members.
- Nigeria High Commission – a dedicated procedure to facilitate the obtaining of entry visas to Nigeria for business purposes.
- Business Council for Africa - entitlement to attend BCA Nigeria functions and selected sponsored events at BCA member’s rates.
- The Royal Over-Seas League – 50% discounted joining fee and no proposer or seconder.
For clarification on any of the above Benefits please visit our membership benefits page or contact the Secretariat at 020 7261 9650.
- Levels – the following are the minimum rates for each category:-
- A voluntary higher amount would generate a much-valued additional level of support.
- Entrance Fee – there is no entrance fee but applicants are asked to help minimise administrative costs by completing a Bankers Order form.
- Subscriptions are due on the 1st January in each calendar year and, for those new members who join after 1st October in any year, the first annual subscription will also cover the whole of the succeeding year.
- Gift Aiding – If you are a UK taxpayer Gift Aiding your subscription will make it worth almost one third more by allowing the Educational Trust to claim back tax. If applicable please sign the Declaration on your Application Form.
Joining is Easy
Please visit the join online page and complete your selected membership type form.